Monday, January 1, 2007

New York, NY


Happy New Year! I'm hoping this will be a great year for training, racing, and competition. My main concern for this year is to reach milestone after milestone in order to reach the goals I set. First and foremost, I really want to improve my running enough to say that it is NOT my weakest leg. I at least want to post some half-decent run splits. Secondly, I think that breaking 2:00 for an Olympic distance race would be a really nice feather in my hat. My two "A" races of the season are National Collegiate Championships on April 21st in Tuscaloosa, AL, and National Age Group Championships in June in Portland, OR.

For the past week or so I've been in NY/NJ. Getting workouts in is tough. Pools are far and few between, roads suck, and traffic is bad. So far the best riding I've found has been IN New York City, around Prospect Park. I'll be happy to be back in my own bed in Boulder, where finding a place to work out is the least of my worries.

Here's to an injury free 2007!

No comments: