Thursday, June 7, 2007

5k Run PR!

The Stroke N' Stride was cancelled today due to high winds. I went out to the Boulder Reservoir anyway to meet my coach and training buddies so we could still get in a hard workout. We decided to run the 5k course at race pace. This would be the first legitimate open 5k for me, as the previous open 5k I did in February was actually 4.6k. The course at "the res" is an out-and-back, so the stiff winds gave us a killer headwind on the way out and a nice tailwind on the way back.

I felt great running into the wind, really comfortable with the effort. On the way back I concentrated on landing with a forefoot strike and with as little time contacting the ground as possible. I kept my hips under me and my core tall, and let 'er rip! I finished in 17:46; 5:43-mile pace.

On Saturday I have an appointment to get new custom running orthotics. I can't wait!


I like this 5k course.

No comments: