Friday, September 14, 2007

The Season In Review

My season is over. I've been doing a lot of relaxing, kicking back, and letting loose lately. Since returning from Worlds I've worked out just as often as I've gone out to the bars, which is to say twice. I'm able to focus on school work a lot more and hopefully I'll get motivated soon to organize my room, my eating habits, and my weekly schedule so that when November 1st rolls around it will be easy to hop back into a full training load. My focus this winter will be to keep my legs healthy so I can get a full course of run base training in.

Highlights of this season:
- PRs for 500y open swim, 1.5k tri swim, 10k tri run, 5k tri run, 5k open run, Olympic tri
- Tied my PR for 40k tri bike
- PR for fastest avg. bike speed during a tri
- Won my last bike race as a Cat4 in a most glorious fashion, and the next day I...
- ...Met my goal for my first half marathon
- Moab training camp
- First time Mt. Evans ascent
- Perfect race at Age Group Nationals
- Going to Worlds in Hamburg with my buds
- Celebrating post-race in Hamburg with my buds

It was a good season. Coach Matt, thanks for helping me do it all!

No comments: