Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Secrets to Success

I completed a 90 minute run today, free of injury. I felt great the entire time, it was amazing. I really believe the strength training and regular deep tissue massage is making all the difference. The half-marathon is about a week and a half away, and I feel confident I won't have any issues during the race. It's going to be a positive experience.

My secrets to success? Why, I thought you'd never ask!

1. Strength training with the Bosu Balance Ball. Try doing a couple one-legged squats on this guy...or 60.

2. Deep tissue work from generous sponsor, Tri-Massage. Top quality massage, crazy cheap price. Not only am I kept injury free, but my pain threshold has been taken to the next level, thanks to CMT Josh Shadle. He can make world champions cry with the tweak of his pinkies...I'm not joking...

1 comment:

bridge2peace said...

Your mother keeps me informed of your progress when we run into each other walking the dogs. I may be a few years ahead of you in age (I'm 44), but I'm trailing you in terms of finding the keys to success. Isn't it great when you do find something that seems to be a key component to being injury-free? I've just discovered the experience of the kind of deep tissue massage you mention. Oh what fun it is! I've also just discovered the Bosu ball and the foam roller. If I'd been reading your blog all along, I'd be a little further along on what I hope is my road to recovery. (I've got peroneal and achilles tendonitis)