Friday, January 23, 2009

New Home

My apartment is set up, finally. Take a gander at the photos below if you care to see the living room, complete with new couch. I am steadily getting more settled into life in Indianapolis. The cold and ice are still difficult to tolerate, but Spring is nigh, no?


A training plan is also slowly coming in to form. I started riding on the rollers at work after the workday is over, and I'll begin running a few days a week during lunch, and swimming after work a couple times a week. Perhaps I'll be able to show my face at a few races this Summer and not shame myself.

Work has been a whirlwind since the day I started. Every day I become more confident in the workings of the company and I learn more and more about what exactly my job entails. It's hectic and stressful at times, but usually only when I'm trying to do something I've never done before. The catch is, by nature my job will always have me doing things I've never done before. I suppose in a way, you can get accustomed to doing unfamiliar things after time. Although it may not be peaches and cream every day I go into work, I can tell that once I grow into the company and the job position a bit more, this job will be exactly what it's cracked up to be.

1 comment:

Sam said...

glad to hear the job is going well.

also-- i can never come visit you. it's a virtual certainty that i will spill something on your new white couch.