Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Put the "Geek" back in Tri-Geek

Alright, everyone knows triathletes are a socially inept and helplessly self-involved breed of people. On top of this, they are usually looking for that "magic bullet" solution to drop their PR. Just look at the products marketed towards triathletes; Rotor Cranks, Optygen capsules, wetsuits, TT bikes, aero bottles...you name it, triathletes have tried it. Thus the name "Tri-Geek".

I just fell in line with the rest of the Tri-Geeks today, and I couldn't be more excited about my new magic bullet.

Newton Running shoes came out about a month ago and ever since I've been dying to try on a pair. Tonight the co-founder Danny Abshire invited the CU Tri Team over after-hours to talk about the shoes and offer us a discount. I was sold on the shoes before I stepped in the door, and after running a mere hundred meters in them my credit card was flying to the register. They promote a forefoot strike and offer a higher energy return per stride than regular foam-sole running shoes. They claim to take off 10-20 seconds per mile depending on how fast you're running. The faster you run, the more noticeable the higher energy return is.

www.newtonrunning.com


My new shoes and free schwag! No, I did not mess with the color saturation.

1 comment:

C said...

woot they work....

thanks for shoing them to me!!!