Sunday, April 22, 2007

There Went Everything

2:02:52. 37th place.

I did accomplish my two main goals; I broke 20 min on the swim and 40 min on the run. I had a hard time on the bike, so I had to back off the gas a little in order to save my run. It worked for the most part. There was nothing catastrophic about the race, no cramps, blisters, mechanical failures, etc. I didn't get the result I was looking for, but that just means I'll have to get faster!

My splits were;
18:42 swim
1:02:35 bike
39:23 run

Looking at the long term, I'd say I need to focus on my run. I had a bad day on the bike, normally it is by far my strength. The swim was good, I don't think I'll be making leaps and bounds in that area. However, I think I can take a good 4 minutes off my run time.

Before I get ahead of myself, it's time to hunker down and get ready for final exams and get as much rest as possible. I'm worn out!

No comments: