Wednesday, April 11, 2007

9 days, 11 hours. Time to Taper

I had my last hard workout going into Collegiate Nationals tonight. It was a track workout, 2x1k followed by 10x200. I think I was able to push a little harder than usual on the 200s knowing that it was the last demanding workout before the race. Now it's time for a full length taper to get me to peak for Saturday, April 21st. I'm looking forward to resting up, lots of yoga, and nonstop transition practice. Bedtime is 10pm sharp!

Taper also means the grocery bill goes up. Nothing but fresh, wholesome foods, and the dairy gets cut almost completely out. It's a perfect excuse to eat really good food.


I did a Google image search for "taper" and just by chance I found a picture of a "Morse Taper Shank" on the first page of results...

No comments: