Sunday, April 8, 2007

12 days, 16 hours

The countdown to Collegiate Nationals begins! I have one more week of fine tuning and hard workouts, then it will be time to TAPER! I need to practice my transitions, I'm a little rusty and they're a little slow. Transition practice is probably my favorite type of triathlon training. It's like dropping 20 seconds off your time for no effort, time or money invested.

I did a practice triathlon yesterday, though it wasn't very helpful in terms of getting ready for a real race. The weather was horrible, so we had to do the bike indoors on trainers and scrapped the timed transitions. Basically it was a 1650y swim, 45 min ride on the rollers, then a 4 mile run outside. My pacing was off on the swim (too slow to start) and the run (too fast to start). Though I was dissapointed with both my swim and run times, it let me know that sub 20 min swim and sub 40 min run are pretty much in the bag. The bike split depends on the course, of course, but from the elevation profile posted online and from what I've been told by the local tri-kids in AL, it looks pretty flat. Regardless, I'm looking for a top 3 bike split.

Time to start putting everything together!


Dripping sweat all over my new rollers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're hot. ~ Karl