Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Confidence

I just got back from the Moab training camp. I had high hopes for the trip, and I came away extremely satisfied. Moab kicked ass, even though I only brought a road bike. This week comes after a rest week and my fitness has made a HUGE jump. I feel extremely confident in my biking ability after a few hard rides in Moab, and my running is coming along very well. In the few brick runs I did I felt natural, smooth, and steady. I also completed the longest run I have done in about 2 years. It was a 1.5 hr trail run on Amasa Back Trail. It rained the entire run, the trail was slick, but the fog made for some dramatic scenery. I felt great, my legs were springy and I was enjoying the sights. My IT bands are rock solid and I don't have any issues there at all. I should be over the fact, but I always keep an eye on them since I had IT band trouble for such a long time.

The main thing I took away from the training camp is confidence. I'm really really fit and I haven't even peaked yet.


Speeding through Arches National Park


Running on Amasa Back Trail


Who says you need full suspension to ride on the slickrock?



Having fun in the Fiery Furnace.


Our campsite.

No comments: