Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rest Week = Free Energy

I'm in the middle of the last rest week before Collegiate Nationals. I only have one more training cycle to go through before I peak...exciting! Because I'm not working out as much this week I find that I am a lot more anxious, excitable, distractable, and bouncy. No really, I bounce a lot more during rest week. It's surprising to see what I act like when I don't get my daily dose of exercise in. Quite regularly, every time a rest week rolls around my house mates are complaining about how annoying I am. Today I took advantage of the backyard tree rope (not so much of a swing) and went at it for a while until my hands started hurting from abrasion on the rope.

This Friday I head out to Moab, Utah for a training camp with my coach. I look forward to the change of scenery and complete immersion in triathlon training. It will help me get back into the groove for the final 3 weeks before Nationals.


I love the tree rope.


It's inevitable for any triathlete or cyclist...the first burn of the season left me with an impressive start to my tanlines.

No comments: