Friday, March 9, 2007

21 Years of a Rockstar

I turned 21 yesterday. It's been a good 21 years, let me tell you. I had a great day full of food, naps, bike rides, more food, cookies, sunshine, and beer. I still don't like beer. I was hoping my taste buds would transform overnight once I turned 21, but alas. At least I won't be blowing money at the bars.

I kicked off the birthday celebration with an early morning bike TT. 28km of rolling hills, a little over 200m of climbing total. My time was about a minute slower than I had hoped, and about 3 minutes slower than what I know I can do when I'm in top form. I'm not terribly concerned about being a little slow on the bike right now. It is by far my strong point in triathlon and I'll be able to regain my bike fitness within a few weeks. This winter I spent a lot of time skate skiing when the weather was too bad to ride outside. My base fitness is all there, I just need some neurological re-wiring in my "bike muscles". The fact that yesterday was my third consecutive day of threshold training could have also impacted my result.

No comments: