Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Progress Report

Good things are starting to happen.

1. The brick track workout this past Tuesday was stellar. I hit all target times and my HR was in check. This time last year my "run" workouts were confined to aqua jogging, rollerblading or the elliptical machine due to IT band issues. Now I can run for an hour and not even think about my IT band.

2. My swim today proved that I am faster than I ever have been in the water. The main set was 20x100, and I used it to dial in the rhythm for "race pace". I was hitting 1:08 consistently, it was clockwork. My percieved effort increased over the last five or six 100s which is normal for a long hard set, but my splits were coming down at the same time. I dropped one second off each of the last four 100s and felt great the whole time.

3. I had to abort a TT attempt on the bike last Saturday due to "soft tissue issues", which was dissapointing and annoying at the same time. I was riding way up on the nose of the saddle which caused too much pressure concentrated in one spot...lesson learned. I'm going to re-do the TT tomorrow morning. Based on how the TT was going before I had to stop, I am optomistic about finishing in a good time around the TT course tomorrow.

All the hard work is starting to pay off!

No comments: