Saturday, July 12, 2008

Something to shoot for

I really don't have any news to write about, so I've decided to write about things I will write about later...

Namely, before winter sets in, I would like to break 1,700 watts on my bike. You'll be seeing a post when this happens. Below is a power reading from a ride I did a week before I broke my foot.


Other than planning a glorious comeback just in time for the first snowfall, I've been spending most of my time doing things to help me pass the time and feel productive. So far, I have gathered all the materials, tools, software, and resources to start actually making headway on some carbon fiber disc wheels I've been dreaming of for some time. I've even done some paper-and-pencil engineering analyses to determine safety factors on all the crucial parts. Next in line is to finalize the computer models, run some FEA simulations, and start machining the darn hub! Pictures will accompany progress.

No comments: